This plan is a great choice if you:
- Are applying alone or with your family
- Want affordable rates, but also coverage for some immediate needs
- Would like coverage for office visits and an annual checkup
- Are not planning on starting a family
Simply Blue – up-front benefits for individuals and families|
Simply Blue is great coverage you can afford
Simply Blue(SM) is an affordable and easy-to-understand health plan that lets you choose the options that fit you best. If you’re looking for a health plan that will take care of major expenses, but will also cover some immediate needs, Simply Blue is perfect for you.
You must be at least 19 years old and live in Minnesota to apply for Simply Blue. Blue Cross individual plans are not available for people with certain medical conditions.
- Health club discount: Get $20 a month credit toward your membership at one of thousands of participating health clubs
- A low copay for your first three office visits each year
- Two drug coverage options: One covers only generic drugs for a small copay and the other covers generic and brand name drugs. Check the list of covered drugs.
- Preventive care covered at 100 percent with zero out-of-pocket costs for you
- Three deductibles choices (a deductible is a set amount you pay each year for covered health care services, other than preventive care, before your health plan begins paying for the covered health care services). The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly rate.
- For the first emergency room visit you have a $250 copay; additional visits are covered at 100 percent after you meet your deductible
- For the first urgent care visit you have a $100 copay; additional visits are covered at 100 percent after you meet your deductible
- For the first three office and retail health clinic visits, you have a $30, $40 or $50 copay before you meet your deductible (depending on your deductible)
- Choose any doctor or specialist you want – no referrals needed. Get the best benefits by using a doctor in the network. Two networks are available for this plan:
- The Aware® network offers the broadest coverage and includes every hospital in the state and 98 percent of doctors. Search the Aware network.
- The Blue PerformanceSM network covers the same providers as the Aware network but uses a tiered design to control your costs and give you more choice. Choose the Blue Performance Enhanced network if you live in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Choose Blue Performance Regional Tier 1 or Blue Performance Regional Tier 2 if you live outside of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
* There is NO MAXIMUM to the amount of health care that’s covered. So you are protected against catastrophic illnesses or accidents.
* Coverage anywhere in the United States from BlueCard® — and everywhere else through BlueCard Worldwide®